As ride-sharing services become increasingly popular, it's important to make sure you are taking the necessary precautions to stay safe in these situations.
- Do not get into unmarked taxis/cars. The vehicle should have the company's name and logo clearly displayed.
- Use only licensed cabs or clearly identifiable ride-sharing service vehicles that are called to your location.
- Always be aware of your surroundings, especially at night.
- Wear sneakers or shoes that allow for added mobility.
- Carry a cell phone and call ahead to your destination to alert them that you’re on the way. Make sure you’re expected at a certain time, so in the event you fail to show up, those expecting you will know enough to begin looking for you.