Report a Sexual Assault
If you are sexually assaulted, you have several options.
- Virginia Tech's Safe at VT website has guidance for filing anonymous or formal reports.
- Assistance is also available through the following resources:
- Women's Center at Virginia Tech: 540-231-7806
- Women's Resource Center of the New River Valley: 540-639-1123
- Title IX Resources:
- Title IX Coordinator: 540-231-1824
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: 540-231-2567
- Cook Counseling Center: 540-231-6557
- Dean of Students Office: 540-231-3787
- Virginia Tech Police Department: 540-382-4343
If you report a sexual assault that occurred on the Virginia Tech campus, the Police Department will investigate, provide assistance, and offer related services to support your safety and well-being. If the crime occurred in another jurisdiction, the Police Department will assist you in accessing assistance in that jurisdiction. For more information about VTPD's sexual violence response, visit here.
The Virginia Tech Police Department offers a range of personal safety programs, including Rape Aggression Defense courses.