Report a Sexual Assault
If you are sexually assaulted, you have several options.
- Virginia Tech' Stop Abuse website. has guidance for filing anonymous or formal reports.
- Assistance is also available through the following resources:
- Women's Center at Virginia Tech: 540-231-7806
- Women's Resource Center of the New River Valley: 540-639-1123
- Title IX Resources:
- Title IX Coordinator: 540-231-1824
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: 540-231-2567
- Cook Counseling Center: 540-231-6557
- Dean of Students Office: 540-231-3787
- Virginia Tech Police Department: 540-382-4343
If you report a sexual assault that occurred on the Virginia Tech campus, the Police Department will investigate, provide assistance, and offer related services to support your safety and well-being. If the crime occurred in another jurisdiction, the Police Department will assist you in accessing assistance in that jurisdiction.
The Virginia Tech Police Department offers a range of personal safety programs, including Rape Aggression Defense courses.